Saturday, January 9, 2010

What is your veiw on teenage drinking?

Why do you think it happens?


Why do you think people get intoxicated to feel excepted in the ';cool'; social world?What is your veiw on teenage drinking?
To have fun and let loose. Believe it or not, that's it.


Why do those over 21 do it? Same reason?


Hey, maybe it's because we're all people.


I'm 20 years old, and have been drinking since I was 16. I have never in my life felt this strange phenomena that my high school health teacher called ';peer pressure.'; I have never felt external pressure to drink. If I didn't want to drink, I wouldn't. And I don't drink when I don't want to. And I do when I do.


I've actually talked to friends about this idea of feeling pressure from others to drink, because I was so baffled about the idea, and they've all felt the same way.


We don't feel like it makes us cool. We think it's a good time.





Edit: Not sure why I received a thumbs down... I really am trying to be as helpful as possible. I think it's important to know that ';feeling cool'; is not nearly as important of a reason for underage drinking as adults seem to think.What is your veiw on teenage drinking?
Here's a fun fact!!! You can go join the army at age 17 and die in war but you cant have a drink! HMMMMM that make sense your not mentaly mature to have a drink at 17 but you are mature enough to go to war and kill and be killed??

Report Abuse



ha!! yeah the lady with the 14 yr old son what the f*uck ever!!! im sure he does drink but why would he tell you?!?!?

Report Abuse



I think teenagers would be best advised not to drink alcohol at all [my 14 y o son doesn't ]. However I appreciate that they do feel a lot of pressure to drink.





I think in Western countries there is an entrenched culture of excessive drinking of alcohol, and the teenagers were simply born into this.





There is also a huge industry making vast profits from alcohol, and they invest a lot in advertising to keep ppl drinking, and bring new drinkers in to replace the thousands that die of alcohol poisoning.





However, alcohol also gives ppl a lot of pleasure in social situations, helps them relax, and helps them cope with stress, so in moderation it can be a very good thing.
real-life situation:


my uncle, aunt and mother were always allowed sips of alcohol when growing up, under their parents supervision. never more than a couple tablespoons at one time. this taught them alcohol wasn't a big deal.


my uncle turned 18 and all his friends got wasted from never drinking alcohol before...he didn't see the big deal.


my mother has always allowed my brother, sister, and i to drink small amounts of alcohol. i'm not even interested anymore, and i'm 20


my theory: if introduced to alcohol at an early age under supervision, children will not be desperate to have it when of legal age, because it's no longer special. if, however, they are never allowed to drink alcohol, they will drink too much as soon as they can get their hands on it...it's the way of human, want what you cannot have...
Well in Jamaca it's legal for anyone to drink. If you live in The United States they have a law of when to drink. These teenagers don't follow the law of God, or the Government. So they make mistakes they will learn from if they get that chance.
I think another aspect of why we have so many teens who drink, is because in this country we have a lot of teen depression and problems at home and they have learned to use alcohol to self medicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment