Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why do you think teenage pregnancy is such a big issue nowadays?

what actions should be taken to help lower the number of pregnant teenagers?Why do you think teenage pregnancy is such a big issue nowadays?
I think its because rather then teaching safe sex parents and teachers and such stress no sex. So many teens come on here asking how to get birth control pills because their parents dont want them on it......WHAT! My mom had me on the pill at 15 when I got my first real boyfriend. She told me she would prefer me not having sex at that age, but I will make my own choices and she wanted me to be prepared. They bought my brother condoms too just to be safe. Telling teens not to have sex is not going to help. Teaching them how and why to have safe sex could make a huge differenceWhy do you think teenage pregnancy is such a big issue nowadays?
Yesss! I can't even stress the importance of sex education. If teenagers were more aware of the consequences of having sex at an early age, they're wouldn't be pregnant teenagers everywhere. Parents don't like having the ';talk'; so they avoid it. If teenagers learned the use of a contraceptive or abstinence, they'd be more educated before making an adult decision. I always tell my pregnant teenager friends that they need to act like an adult now because someone is depending on them and that's the scariest part of being a teen mom is growing up in a short amount of time.
Teenage pregnancy rates have actually gone down by quite a margin in the last ten years. It's been cut almost in half. Divorce rates have also gone down so I wonder if the two are connected in some way. I think the key factors in determining this rate drop have been better sex education in schools, availability of contraceptives and condoms without an age limit, and better education provided to parents on teaching you kids about sex education.


There is plenty of room for improvement.





By the way, to the girl above me: Everybody ALWAYS has the right to express their opinions. This is a free country. But kudos to actually raising your child on your own. The problem with teen pregnancy is that kids can't raise babies on their own usually. At least not without extra help and without losing out on a better future for both you and your child.
There are many reasons why but the main one is that it has become accepted and 'cool' to disobey and disrespect authority. Teens are told not to do something they do the opposite. And I think thats insane. We all were given parents by God to aid us in our growth and maturing not hinder us. I'm 15 and have no desire to even have a boyfriend right now. My parents have always told me the getting phsyical with a guy at all outside of marriage is not right. I 100% agree with them and so does the Bible. It's says that God has designed a Phsycial relationship for married couples, not hormonal teens! Some people have different views, I understand that. But the bottom line is teens are getting pregnant because thats what society is telling them to do. More then half of the advertising companies will openly admit that they put improperly dressed women and men on their shows and comercials to get peoples attention. On the Today show one advertising comittee said flat put they think like this, sex sells. Our society has come to accept this not reject it like we should. In the 1920's people who had sex outside of marriage where shinned by the community. Now they're welcmed with open arms. Times have changed. I, again have nothing against any teen girl who becomes pregnant. If anything I feel bad for them and desire to help them in any way I can. It's not totally their fault, they're the ones being deceived by satans lies. A lot of it comes back to how they were raised. I just think society should do something


to prevent it, not promote it.


Another big issue is the lie the media tells girls that they have to have a boyfriend, be skinny, and have the right clothes or they're worth nothing. So girls go out and get a boyfriend. They want to be popular. Popularity only gets you so far. It's not gonna get you a job, a house, a car, or eternal life. It only lasts for a second. Just like the thrill of having a boyfriend at 15 or 16. It doesn't usually last.


To all the girls: don't believe the lies! Satan is a master deceiver! I hope that you all realize you don't need a boyfriend and you don't need to have sex or be popular to be beautiful. God hand crafted each and every one of us. We are all beautiflu in his eyes! Plus girls we need to show those guys we don't need them to survive. I know it's a scary truth but we can muttle through without them. And we can come out on top!


Girls are constantly put under pressure. Simple solution: take the pressure off, teen pregnancy rate goes down.


I hope that helps! :)
You'd think that people are used to teen pregnancy by now... But people will always be judgmental and will probably never agree with teen pregnancy. The way I see it, people may look at me funny, but in reality I am the one who is going to raise my son, not them. They have no right to even express an opinion. = ]
I think it starts way early in the home. In the home it's where everything belongs and everything finishes if you know what I mean. I think if they're sex educated, they would know and use it. i know of ppl that still know and still go and do it and come home ';oh no'; and that's because they think it wont happen to them. I believe at home is where everything could be prevented.
i blame abstinance-only sex ed. if PROPER sex ed was taught, then perhaps teens would be more responsible. also, if birth control was more widely available, and parents weren't so goddamn skiddish when it comes to ';the birds and the bees'; then perhaps that would also contribute.
A good home life. Strong values. Being able to talk openly to parents and get honest answers from them. These are actions to help lower the #. Parents need to know where there teenagers are, and who they are with. FAMILY SUPPORT!
I don't think it's a big issue anymore, it seems the norm, in my opinion.
Simply, because it goes against societys ';norms';. What was normal 100 yrs ago is now taboo
no money
too many people in the world. less of a life span for people.... against religions...

No comments:

Post a Comment