Thursday, April 29, 2010

At what age do you think teenage girls should be allowed to wear light light make-up?

I am talking about eyeshadow and lipgloss.At what age do you think teenage girls should be allowed to wear light light make-up?
lipgloss is okay maybe at 12.. but anything else i'd say 14-15..At what age do you think teenage girls should be allowed to wear light light make-up?
I think these day we are making our kids grow up to fast we should want them to stay young as long as possible i think lip gloss is fine for ages 13 and up but why would a teenager need makeup unless to hid a scare or birthmark on the face don't be in a rush to make your little girl grow up i have a 13 year old girl and her body make her look about 17 but i make her dress and look like a 13 year old young lady. when she is a junior or senior in high school we will talk about make up light or not.
15
Honestly, I know moms that will put that on little girls (4-8) because they want to do their makeup like mom does. I work at a daycare with school children who carry around lip gloss. For my own children I would allow it in the 7th or 8th grade maybe will some powder foundation. However I would teach them to do their makeup and make sure they know ';less is more';. Hope this helps.
Interesting question... I wasn't allowed until I was 15 (I'm 25 now), but I see 11-year old girls with a full face of makeup!





I think once they start high school is a good time.
My daughter is in the 8th grade. She just expressed an interest in the last year or so. 12-14, depending on the girl.
When they start junior high they should be allowed to wear a colored lipgloss and maybe colorless powder (to help with adolescent shine). No eye make up until they are 15.
7th grade
Nailpolish is already cool in my house, and she's 8. Lipgloss/approved colors of eyeshadow (for example turquoise and black will not work) I expect to approve for 7th grade.
I think 13 is appropriate. If she is old enough to get her period, she should be old enough to wear light eye shadow and lip gloss.
I have told my oldest daught that she can wear make-up once she is in grade nine. I will tell my other two daughters when they are old enough the same thing. I also have a rule about dating or ';going out with'; someone until they are in grade nine too. This rule goes for my son too.
i have a 12 yearold sister and my parents let her wear lipgloss and for special things my mum might add a little blush or eyeshadow . \but for everyday i think 13 is a good age for the rest. lightly of course
13
13 was when i first got make up. don't let them wear anythign but the simple stuff -- i hate not being able to go somewhere without putting on make up plus we teen girls tend to forget what real beauty is...
14
mmm,can we say paranoid?!


Lip gloss is nothingg at all,the purpose is to make yerr lips well glossy!


and eyeshadow isnt really anything eitther.


i started at 12..!


16 now and i turned out fine!


But really the only answer for this is whenever you think its appropriate!
16 for the eye shadow, I'd probably be more flexable with lip gloss..say 14
BEFORE 13 IS JUST WRONG
Ugh there is nothing more skanky and slutty than seeing a 10-14 year old wearing makeup! In my opinion its ok for 15 and up to wear make-up. Reason, because they don't look like little prostitutes they look more mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment