Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good musical theater song for teenage girl to sing?

I am in a camp this summer and they ask you to prepare a16-bar song.Good musical theater song for teenage girl to sing?
Could you tell us your range? Well...if you were an alto, I'd suggest:


When You're Good to Mama--Chicago


Roxie--Chicago


The Gentleman is a Dope--Allegro


Wall Street--Dames at Sea


You Can't Get a Man with a Gun--Annie Get Your Gun


Rose's Turn--Gypsy


For Mezzo:


Don't Rain on my Parade--Funny Girl


Let me Entertain you--Gypsy


My New Philosophy--You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown


I Enjoy Being a Girl--Flower Drum Song


Gimme, Gimme--Thoroughly Modern Millie


Spanish Rose--Bye Bye Birdie


When you Got it, Flaunt it--The Producers


Soprano:


Take Me or Leave--Rent


Green Finch and Linnet Bird--Sweeny Todd


Finer Things--Jane Eyre


Show Me--My Fair Lady


To Keep my Love Alive--A Connecticut Yankee


Hope I was Helpful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment