Thursday, April 29, 2010

How would you react if your teenage son came home and told you he got a girl pregnant?

i'd get mad at first, a few slaps here and there.. but i know i'd support him in the end.. by support i don't mean paying for everything. homeboy's getting a job and taking responsibility for his actions. obviously if he can figure out how to stick it in, he's capable of working and taking care of business in other areas.How would you react if your teenage son came home and told you he got a girl pregnant?
Boot him out the door. It's almost 2008, these kids know all about using protection.How would you react if your teenage son came home and told you he got a girl pregnant?
at least he told you. be understanding. because if he and that girl are already stressed out because they are going to be parents, they really dont need you to openly express how angry you are. of course you can tell him that it was dumb not to protect themselves, but no need to go on forever. he's going to have to deal with this problem for at least 18 years. i doubt he wants to deal with his mother at the same time.
i will go like sure and i am queen elizabeath
i would flip
i would support them in whatever choice they make but i would make it very clear to him that weather he stayed with her or not he would still take care of his child (if they so wish to keep the child)
Don't freak out! That isn't going to help the situation AT ALL. You need to be there and supportive. Don't make him feel uncompfortable by asking him ';when, where, why, how'; questions. And don't treat the girl like a slut either.
I would make sure he understood his responsibilities to the girl. I'd help him get a job if he didn't have one already. I'd ask him what I could do to help out. I'd talk to him about how he felt. I'd basically be there for him. Above all he'd understand what I expected him to do. Help as much as he could to financially support his girlfriend before the baby is born then financially support his child. Be there for his girlfriend when she needs him. Be there for his child always.
First I would be very upset. Then I would sit down with him and tell him about the future of what's to come. Then go talk to the girl's family (Parents). Then both Me and her father will kick his @$$
I'd be shocked! And then supportive. I've already been through this. My son and his children's mother got married right away, (he was 18 already, she was 24 at the time). Now~Two Years Later~ they have three kids, and they argue all the time, Their house is never clean and She never gets out of bed! The first babies were twin boys, then they had a little girl. THANK GOD she got her tubes tied now! I can only imagine how many kids those two would have. I'm just glad they don't live with me!
I would be immensely disappointed since I will teach my children how to protect themselves and their partner's and this pregnancy would mean that he was not being as safe as he could have been.





I would let them know that it's okay, that I love them and that we'll work through it together. I would ask him to ask her to take a DNA test once she gives birth (assuming she keeps the pregnancy) and if the test is positive, then we would arrange for child support. I would pay it because I want my children to go to college and make something of their lives. I would encourage him to be involved in the child's life and if the young Woman tries to stop him, then I would pay for my son to sue for custody. Above all, I would tell him that he does not have to let go of his dreams and aspirations and I would encourage the young Woman not to as well though I do understand that it is different for young Women. If she seems hesitant about being a mother, I would offer to take custody of the child, allowing her visitation, so that she, too, could continue with her life.





Peace,


Jenn
I would have him chemically castrated
I would cry, I would flip out, and I would help.
I don't think I would be happy to start off with but then my concerns would go to how is he and her going to cope with any decision they make.
I would feel really bad because I would hope if I had a son then I would educate him about safe sex.





Nevertheless, I would stress to him that he needs to take care of his child.





Depending on how well I knew the girl (which I hope I would know her well) and how long they'd been going together I would encourage him to get a paternity test just in case.
I would probably be super disappointed.... But hopefully my child won't be like this. I would probably make sure he knows that he did something bad. And I would discuss it with him.... of corse if you're a mother, let your husband do it, but yeah..... That would be hard..
I would be hurt,surprised and try to be supportive....all that,I have had conversations with my son about STD'S and pregnancy but,still they make their own choices....
I would sit down and have a long conversation with him about his future responsibilities then I would talk to the girl and her family.
First I would ask him if he was all right for doing that then I would ask him if he was on drugs and from then i would sneak in his room when he wasnt and try to find stuff
give him a hiding,then give him another hiding
disapointed, but i'd do the bes to help him through it, that's a tough question. every parent will react to their children differently. in my opinion, i'd show him that i were taking in the news sadly(cuz i would be sad at first), but then i'd show that i still love him no matter what and would do the best i can to help him out and make the 'best decisions'. Plus, a baby could be the best thing to happen in one's life.
I would be in shock at first but then ask him what him and his girlfriend are planning to do. Probably would get together with them as a family and talk about it. I would try and remember that accidents happen and be understanding and help in any way I could.
Not sure,I would be as supportive as possible after i kicked his ***!
I wouldn't be happy initially but then I would also be a true parent and help him make his obligations. He certainly wouldn't be a dead beat dad. I'd woop his @$$ if he tried that.
i would beat the crap out him and ask him why god made him so stupid.
wow...i know that is alot to handle...please support him...its the best thing you can right now
WOW


Uh, well, I'd be shocked and surprized that he told me, and probably be really sad, and, well, idk???
I would freak out.


But I dont have a teenage son and arent having one soon, so i dont need to worry 'bout that.
i would be mad upset disappointed but then you have to look at the other side yes he's going to be a dad if they decide to keep it. But its the girls parents i feel for they will be left holding the baby so to speak . Boys can at the end of it walk away whereas if a girl decides to have the baby she is tied down for the rest of her life. It' s sad this has happened but remember if you are feeling all the above there is another mother going through the same. I think you should get the girl and your son and talk to them both and see what they decide to do . give them the options and well support what ever decision they make . Remember that if it is kept that is your grandchild at the end of the day however much you feel about the situation now.
I would be at a loss for words... i would probably think about how much life is gonna change but eventually i would find lots of positives and then start looking forward to a whole new plateau to my life.
Terrible. But there is something wrong in your upbringing too. Just try and sort it out dear. And give him a good counselling too. It helps to explain things to your kids

No comments:

Post a Comment