Thursday, December 31, 2009

POLL:How many teenage mothers breastfed their babies?

I am a 19 year old single mom and I am nursing my baby. I don't understand why so many teenage mothers automatically start with formula. I understand there are sometimes problems with breastfeeding but I go to school and will be going back to work soon, but I just pump. It's healthy and free!!POLL:How many teenage mothers breastfed their babies?
I agree with you but many teens aren't very educated on the subject so just go with what their parents did and in the 80s formula was big!POLL:How many teenage mothers breastfed their babies?
Most teenage pregnancies are not planned and therefore a young woman in that situation is already dealing with a lot of changes and often times breastfeeding will get left out because they are not ready to sacrifice that much!


It isn't just teenagers that have this problem!
It's all about lack of education and being unprepared for motherhood.


Kudos for breastfeeding!





To actually answer your question, I had my first child at 19 and breastfed him for two years. I was married though, and it was a planned pregnancy.
because at such a young age, most girls dont have the confidence to be comfertable with doing it. it is a very intimate act between mother and child, and if your not comfertable with it your just not... many older women think the same. but as they say breast is best!
I think it depends in the amount of education and support the teenage mothers have regarding their children and child care.





Personally, I breast fed, and enjoyed every moment of it (after the first week!)
Breastfeeding would indicate good decision making abilities. Previous poor decision making would indicate that they are not likely to breastfeed.
I'm 16 and I know for sure that if I had a baby I'd breastfeed it. My family are members of La Leche League, a sort of breastfeeding support group.
I wasnt a teen when i had my angel but if i was i would breastfeed becauase thats what breast are for and its better for the baby
okay. I do believe I have seen vary few teen mothers who breast feed and I'm proud of you for doing it!! Keep going.
Many

No comments:

Post a Comment