Thursday, December 31, 2009

What consequences do teenage runaways face when they are caught?

There really aren't any legal consequences. However, your parents will probably never trust you again.What consequences do teenage runaways face when they are caught?
I ran away (and was charged with running away) 32 times as a teenager. I ended up spending two years in a youth development center. It was exactly what I needed. In fact, They let me out after a year, so I ran away again and asked the judge to go back. But I was running from an abusive step-parent. If you have an actual reason for running away, tell the judge and maybe the courts can help you.What consequences do teenage runaways face when they are caught?
Juvy or foster, and trust me unless your parents are pimping you out, starving you or beating you on a daily basis....stay home. Don't run away because they won't let you see a lame *** boyfriend you won't care about in 3 years. Or because they make you come home before 10 pm on a school night.
They usually will take you back to your parents. If you really don't want to go back home then let the police know that you want to file for emancipation from your parents
they can lock you up....or if your lucky maybe just probation,depending on your judge and what state your in.....
Juvy or Foster Care depending on how you resist
They can be put in a Juvenal home and put in foster homes.
I would hope the biggest is from the parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment