Monday, December 28, 2009

I have a teenage who is about to attend college. I am wondering which school is better?

He wants to attend Pen State, I think He sould go to SUNY until he gets his bareing. Which is better?I have a teenage who is about to attend college. I am wondering which school is better?
Penn State is one of the better public universities in the US. SUNY has several schools -- ranging from very good to not very good. But the best of them doesn't come close to Penn State.I have a teenage who is about to attend college. I am wondering which school is better?
Both are good schools. Why does he want to attend Penn State? (further from home????) You are the parent, it is you who decide if you are paying the bill. The first year in college is a difficult one, new environment, need to take notes in class, which students do not know how to do, sudden freedom, etc. etc. If your teen has shown responsibility, is an excellent student, etc. it's a good idea they live away from home...in a dorm for the first year. The first two years of college are not the making/breaking factors in a person's academic career. The required coursework is very similiar at every college. But it is important that your ';teen'; get off to a good start, as once they do poorly it's hard to correct.


(psychology professor) (p.s. I do tend to favor Penn State)

No comments:

Post a Comment